Research and Communication Officer
The DataSense team at iSocial is recruiting a Research and Communication Officer, who will be interested in pursuing an intellectually challenging and impactful career in academic and/or action research. The position demands academic rigor, commitment, charisma and creativity.
ABOUT US :
Launched in 2016, Infolady Social Enterprise Limited (iSocial) is a for-profit social enterprise with the core idea of connecting B2B actors with the bottom of the pyramid (BoP) population with a market-based approach, as well as empowering Bangladeshi men and women to become entrepreneurs, challenging traditional gender roles. In this process, iSocial is creating evidence for action, based on state-of-the-art data analytics.
DataSense is the business intelligence and research unit at iSocial, providing various modes of research and management consulting services. With an interest in promoting BoP growth, this unit conducts systems research, policy analysis, data collection, data curation, data analytics for operations management, and empirical intelligence generation to simplify executive and policy decision-making. This has driven DataSense to become a team of professionals from various disciplines, educated and trained in Bangladesh and abroad. The research team works out of Bangladesh, the UK, and the USA.
In its journey so far, DataSense at iSocial has served national and international agencies with analytical works and data-driven policy making.
The Research and Communication Officer is expected to join DataSense to design and implement original research and ensure appropriate communication of research findings to relevant stakeholders, through multiple channels. The responsibilities of the officer will involve:
- Implementing and executing collaborative research projects, including project management, e.g. timetabling and achieving milestones.
- Participating in regular discussions with other academic partners or clients. Liaising with potential partners to enhance the impact of research.
- Conducting literature reviews and designing research based on client requirements and team goals.
- Translating, transcribing, and annotating documents as and when required for research purposes.
- Developing research instruments and managing data collection activities by supervising a pool of enumerators.
- Preparing concept notes and proposal materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations.
- Continually updating knowledge and understanding in one’s field of specialization.
2. Research Communication
- Designing channel-specific research communication plan with the team and management.
- Implementing research communication plan through DataSense website, LinkedIn, Facebook and emails.
- Writing articles on agreed topics, promoting DataSense’s work.
- Writing blogs regularly for the DataSense website, on topics promoting DataSense’s work.
- Building relationship with media and ensuring regular publication of research findings.
- Organizing research communication events using tolls like (EasyChair or Eventbrite), both online and in-person with support of the team.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLSET
- Macroeconomic & Public Policy Knowledge: Knowledge about the macroeconomy in the context of public policy.
- Secondary Research: Experience in scouring data or documents from online and physical journal repositories (particularly government ministries and think tanks) for relevant data.
- Communications Skills: Ability to communicate research objectives and standard operating procedures to enumerators in the field. Superior command of both English and Bangla is critical.
- Language: Excellent proficiency in English and Bangla. Proficiency in any third language will be an advantage.
- Willingness to Travel: Willingness to travel for field tests and in-person monitoring.
- Ability to work using productivity and project management tools, e.g., Microsoft Teams, Jira, HubSpot and any other tool assigned by the organization.
- Advanced digital literacy, e.g., Microsoft Office, Zoom, Webex.
- Self-Starter: Fast learner who can work under stress and has an appetite for personal growth.
- A Level or Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a reputed educational institution.
- Additional certifications, including from MOOCs will be considered.
- Self-taught applicants are welcome to apply given they can demonstrate their skills.
Freshers are encouraged to apply.
- Self-started, required minimum supervision
- Team player
- Deadline oriented
- Result oriented
- Ability to navigate multi-cultural environment
Full-time, Sunday through Thursday.
Hybrid modality (mixture of in-person and remote-based office), depending on the nature of work.
The selected candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package.
- Free lunch
- Two festival bonuses
- Travel allowances, per diem, and accommodation stipends, if and when applicable
- 41 days of cumulative annual, casual and sick leave
- Compensatory leave for working extra hours and weekends or holidays
Interested individuals are advised to apply through this link: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/ogHDkQ9p
September 20, 2022